Emilia – Romagna Coast FLAG is the name of the local action group active in the fishing sector for the entire territory of the Emilia-Romagna Region, with a unified and shared strategy for the development of the fishing and aquaculture sector from Goro up to in Cattolica.
Composition: Municipalities and fishing Communities of the coast, private associations of the fishery and aquacolture sectors and of other sectors like craftsmanship, commerce, tourism, associations to represent civil society
It is based on the strategic choice to develop a plan of common sustainable development, aimed at intervening to enhance the fishing Communities of the coastal area, their production, historical, cultural, gastronomic, social and environmental peculiarities and contribute to an integrated qualification of local fishery resources and maritime activities in fisheries and aquaculture areas, including cultural heritage linked to the traditions of the sea, fishing, aquaculture and valliculture.
THE DISTRICT OF FLAG
It includes the entire coastline of the Emilia-Romagna Region, for the total of 130 km, where fishing and lagoon fish farming have a centuries-old tradition. The most common fishing techniques are trawling, with steering wheel, hydraulic dredger and gears.
Population 187.462 inhab
Pop. Density: 27208 inhab/ km2
Area: 689.000 km2
Employment in the fish sector: 4347, the 2,31% of the total employments of the area, including fishermen and people occupied in aquaculture, transformation and commerce
THE LOCAL ACTION PLAN
The Emilia-Romagna Region in implementation of the P.O. FEAMP 2014/2020 priority n.4 (OT.8) – CLLD (Community-Led Local Development), awarded the FLAG 5.000.000,00 euros for the implementation of the strategy and 273.000,00 euros for the cooperation activities.
- Qualify all stages of the supply chain to increase competitiveness and improve the quality and sustainability of fish production;
- Improve the management of environmental resources for fishery and aquaculture;
- Increase the added value of the coastal area favoring innovation processes and also the integration between fishing and tourism;
- Promote the learning and creation of new job opportunities, raise awareness of the community on fish resources and the value of fishermen, increase the opportunities for marketing of products and knowledge of fishing Communities.
These targets will be pursued through the realization of:
Action 1.A: Coordinated planning to qualify areas of disembarkation and boarding
Action 1.B: Improvement intervention for embarking and disembarking places
Action 1.C: Improvement intervention of productions and places where the activity of the fishing operator takes place
Action 2.A: Marine and lagoon habitats
Action 3.A: Product and activity diversification
Action 4.A: Informazione e formazione
Action 4.A.1: Environmental and food education
Action 4.A.2: Information
Action 4.B: Integration between fishing, tourism and marine culture
Action 4.B.1: Promotion and communication of fishing Communities
Action 4.B.2: Staging of the places that remind of fishing Communities culture
Action 4.C: Networks and governance
Action 4.D: Cooperation
- Emilia-Romagna Coast FLAG;
- Public Authorities;
- Workers in the fishing industry and processing companies (individual or associated)
- Universities, Research Centers, networks of multisectoral companies;
- Producer organizations and / or Producer associations (single or associated);
- Beneficiaries indicated in L.R. 22/2014